Effective Date: April 16, 2016
Your Privacy Rights
- Scope and Consent
- Collection of Personal Information
- How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- How We Protect and Store Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information with Other CAHMUSA Users
- How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
- Using Log In with CAHMUSA
- How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
- How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
Scope and Consent
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of CAHMUSA Services, and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
Information you provide to us: We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use CAHMUSA Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding CAHMUSA Services.
When you use CAHMUSA Services, we might also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you register for an event, newsletter, giveaway, post comments or use CAHMUSA Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your CAHMUSA account or give us when you use CAHMUSA Services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or national ID number.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, your interactions with members of the CAHMUSA corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole). Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, CAHMUSA may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with CAHMUSA, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
Information from other sources: We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
Authentication and Fraud Detection: In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with CAHMUSA Services. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide CAHMUSA, CAHMUSA Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- improve the CAHMUSA and CAHMUSA Services by customizing your user experience;
- measure the performance of the CAHMUSA Services and improve their content and layout;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize CAHMUSA Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by logging into your account and going to the Notifications section and updating your preferences, or by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our application, you can adjust your preferences by visiting the settings page of the application.
When you access our website or use CAHMUSA Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, e-tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize CAHMUSA, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and CAHMUSA Services.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website and CAHMUSA Services.
Do Not Track: Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We do not currently respond to DNT signals. We do, however, provide you notice of the tracking by advertisers and other third parties in our Privacy and Cookies policies.
For more detailed information on our use of these technologies, please see our policy on Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on the computers of our website hosting provider in North America, Asia, Europe and elsewhere in the world where their facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
How We Share Personal Information with Other CAHMUSA Users
If someone is sending you money and enters your email address or phone number, we will provide them your registered name so they can verify they are sending the money to the correct account.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept or send payments from or to you using CAHMUSA. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number, to inform you that a payment has been sent to you or when you attempt to pay a merchant or third party. We use this information to confirm that you are a CAHMUSA customer and that CAHMUSA as a form of payment can be enabled, or to send you notification of payment status. Also, if you request that we validate your status as a CAHMUSA customer with a third party, we will do so.
If you link your loyalty or gift card of a CAHMUSA merchant to your account, we may share your card number with that merchant when you pay using CAHMUSA.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using CAHMUSA, or with the third parties that offer or use CAHMUSA Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal process.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information we collect from you, including your name, contact details, and transactions and activities, with:
- Members of the CAHMUSA corporate family, such as Unique Creations by Liz, Caribbean American Exhibition & Festival, Caribbean American Magazine, Caribbean American Heritage Awards, Caribbean Connection Networking , to provide joint content, products, and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services. Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product these financial institutions may only use this information to market CAHMUSA-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Other unaffiliated third parties, for the following purposes:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent fraud or to assess and manage risk. For example, if you use CAHMUSA or the CAHMUSA Services to buy or sell goods using a third party such as Constant Contact, Eventbrite, PayPal, Authorize.net or other payment processor, we may share account information in order to help protect your accounts from fraudulent activity, alert you if we detect such fraudulent activity on your accounts, or evaluate credit risk.As part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we also may share necessary account information with a third party supplier such as ebay or Amazon, in cases where CAHMUSA has placed a hold or other restriction on your account based on disputes, claims, chargebacks or other scenarios regarding the sale or purchase of goods. Also, as part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we may share account information with such third party suppliers to enable them to operate their programs for evaluating buyers or sellers.
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional).
- Shipping: in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using CAHMUSA.
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
If you open a CAHMUSA account or make payments directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a CAHMUSA website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information. CAHMUSA is not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
Using Log In with CAHMUSA
Log In with CAHMUSA is a tool we use to improve your Internet experience. Log In with CAHMUSA allows you to streamline and simplify the account creation and login process when using third-party websites and it allows these websites to enhance your experience on their sites. Instead of creating multiple usernames and passwords for each website you visit, Log In with CAHMUSA allows you to sign in to a participating website using your existing CAHMUSA login information. When you use Log In with CAHMUSA, you agree that CAHMUSA can share the information listed on the Log In with CAHMUSA consent screen or in your Log In with CAHMUSA account settings with the participating website. Information you allow CAHMUSA to share with these third-party websites is subject to each third-party’s terms of service and privacy agreement, so you are encouraged to review their policies.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
© 2016 Unique Creations by Liz, Inc. All rights reserved.